2017 CRHRA HR Leadership Program
Click here for the 2017 Leadership Program Application
Applications Due March 1, 2017
Program and Website Overview
The CRHRA HR Leadership Program brings together HR professionals with diverse backgrounds who demonstrated leadership potential for the purpose of making them better equipped to assume leadership responsibilities within their organization and the HR community. Since its inception in 2006, the HR Leadership Program has graduated 67 alumni from a broad range of organizations.
The CRHRA HR Leadership Program exposes participants to leaders in the Capital Region HR community who address core HR leadership competencies as well as the unique challenges HR faces in various industries. Participants also widen their HR networks to include not only other participants, but the HR leaders to whom they are exposed.
The CRHRA HR Leadership program:
• Heightens awareness of key issues faced by HR
• Educates about core HR leadership competencies
• Provides opportunities for exposure to the HR community
• Creates a professional network that can be utilized well beyond the program
• Facilitates interaction with prominent HR leaders in the Capital Region
The Class of 2017 program will kickoff with a full-day retreat in September 2017. The 2017 program was facilitated by John M. Bagyi, Esq., SPHR, SHRM-SCP and Aileen Flach, PHR, SHRM-CP. The program consists of a series of four monthly sessions (one Friday in September, October, November, and December) focusing on HR leadership competencies (e.g., operational excellence, strategic contribution, personal credibility, employee development) and particular sectors of the HR community (e.g., Manufacturing/High Tech, Nonprofit, Healthcare, Higher Education). Class members will also complete experiential learning activities and a group project. The program will culminate with recognition of graduates at the January 2018 CRHRA meeting where CRHRA HR Leadership Certificates are presented.
Sessions will be held at various locations throughout the Capital Region and will be participatory in nature, including interactive presentations, panel discussions, tours, and workshops.
The HR Leadership Class of 2006
|The HR Leadership Class of 2007
The HR Leadership Class of 2009
|The HR Leadership Class of 2011
|The HR Leadership Class of 2013
|| The HR Leadership Class of 2015
HR Leadership Alumni include human resource professionals from the following organizations:
AFLAC New York
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Albany Community Action Partnership
Albany Law School
Albany Medical Center
Albany Molecular Research, Inc.
Bassett Hospital of Schoharie County
d/b/a Cobleskill Regional Hospital
Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth
Capital Care Medical Group
Capital Communications Federal Credit Union
Capital District Physician's Health Plan, Inc.
Center for Disability Services
Clough Harbour & Associates, LLP
Consumer Directed Choices
DeCrescente Distributing Co., Inc.
Disability Rights New York
DMT, LLC d/b/a Trimarchi Management
Einhorn Yaffee Prescott A&E, P.C.
Environment One Corporation
Evident Technologies, Inc.
Healthcare Association of New York State
Living Resources Corporation
Members United Corporate Federal Credit Union
Mid-Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union
MVP Health Care
Nestle Waters North America
NYSARC, Inc., Columbia County Chapter d/b/a
NYS Office of General Services
Northern Rivers Family Services
Ordway Research Institute, Inc.
Parsons Child and Family Center
Price Chopper Supermarkets
Rensselaer County Chapter NYSARC, Inc.
Rondout Savings Bank
Schenectady County Chapter, NYSARC, Inc.
Seton Health System
Sunmark Federal Credit Union
Taconic Biosciences, inc.
The Arc of Rensselaer County/Brunswick Center Services
The Research Foundation of SUNY
The Vascular Group, PLLC
Vanderheyden Hall, Inc.
Wildwood Programs, Inc.
HR Leadership Alumni had the following comments about the "best parts” of the class sessions….
- The opportunity to visit different industries and actually view the specifics of what they do as well as having the opportunity to have such direct access to the best HR Leaders in the Capital District.
- Working and getting to know my fellow classmates, the opportunity to tour and learn about different organizations, and having two terrific leaders that are encouraging, pleasant and knowledgeable.
- The speakers. They were not only energetic but what they said made sense and was useful and makes you want to go back to the office and DO IT!
- The opportunity to be mentored by key HR Leaders in the Capital Region. To be given those opportunities to learn about what the current best practices are for HR Leaders, to hear about what has worked and what has not and to expand our HR network.
- It was great to hear about survival and success during a major change.
- The access to HR professionals in the community was by far the best aspect of the program. Additionally, I enjoyed the diversity of learning from the onsite visits, to self-paced learning/selection (experientials).
- Networking within the community and building lasting relationships with 13 of the top HR professionals within the Capital Region.
- The training center at Albany Med was amazing to see. The NanoScience school is top notch, and super energizing for me, and of course DeCrescente felt very down to earth and comfortable.
- The presenters all projected a particular sense of authenticity. They all seemed approachable and willing to share their stories.
- Learning from people who had passion for their careers and those that were honest when discussing their mistakes, how to succeed and make a difference.
- It was wonderful to learn about human resources from experts in many area organizations and to see that they are real people, too.
- I enjoyed having the opportunity to network with area HR Leaders and get their insight on what makes an effective Human Resource Professional, as well as hear about some of the challenges they have faced throughout their career.
- Networking with others and exposure to the challenges and opportunities of HR in different industries.
- The program allowed for professional development through exposure to different industries, various experiences of the HR leadership group and in general the networking opportunities.
To ensure that participants have an opportunity to interact with HR leaders in a small group conducive to active learning, participation in CRHRA’s HR Leadership Program is limited. Those chosen for this program will have demonstrated leadership in their respective careers and a commitment to the human resources profession.
CRHRA’s HR Leadership Program seeks applicants who:
• Currently serve as a senior generalist or HR management;
• Possess at least 4 years of progressively more responsible HR responsibilities;
• Aspire to attain the top HR management position during his/her career;
• Have demonstrated a track record of self-directed personal development (personal commitment to identify and improve competencies they may lack);
• Experience in volunteerism and leadership in the profession or community;
• Enjoy the full support of the organization in which they currently serve.
Class of 2017 Application & Instructions
Candidates for the program must complete an application as well as an interview. Once accepted, all members of the program must attend all day sessions and graduation, complete an experiential learning component and actively participate in a group project outside of the structured program.
Applications for the Class of 2017 will be available on February 1st and will be due by NOON on March 1st, 2017
Applicants should be aware that a key element of the selection process is group and organizational diversity. Members are selected on the basis of leadership, history of personal development, community/professional volunteer involvement, their application essay, references provided and other relevant factors.
The participation fee for the program is $350.00; $400.00 for non-CRHRA members. A $50.00 deposit will be required with the application, which, if accepted, will be applied toward tuition. If a candidate is not accepted, the deposit will be returned. Scholarships are available for those with a demonstrated need.
Questions concerning the CRHRA HR Leadership Program may be addressed to:
John Bagyi (518-533-3229 email@example.com) or Aileen Flach (518-209-6793 firstname.lastname@example.org).