Government Affairs Committee
Committee Chair - Rob Manfredo
Committee Members - Chris Wessell, John Boeheim, Christine Ammon, Lyn Kemnitzer, Mario Pecoraro, Chris Patrie, Eric Noll, Tanya Monette, Ray Mooney, Rachelle Fredette, Jeff Hall, Peter Rousseau, and Chair-Emeritus Harry Hayes, Esq.
Purpose/Mission - The Government Affairs Committee monitors legislative activity affecting the Human Resources Profession and coordinates legislative activities through lobbying, providing speakers, and organizing campaigns designed to initiate legislative input from CRHRA members.
Reports -2013-2014 Annual Report
Current Issues/Projects - Government Affairs Committee responsibilities include:
- Check out the Wage Theft Prevention Act calculator
- Communicating the status of federal and state legislative issues to CRHRA members through newsletter articles, the CRHRA web site, and activities at monthly membership meetings
- Acting as legislative liaison to the SHRM NY State Council
- Coordinating activities of SHRM's HR Voice by informing members of legislative activities and of specific strategies to communicate opinions to legislative decision makers
- Coordinating various legislative activities through CRHRA such as lobbying, presenting testimony at legislative hearings, and providing educational opportunities in the legislative area either solely or in conjunction with other committees
How can you help?
Write a letter to your Legislator- It’s quick and easy SHRM does all the work for you!
Click here: http://www.shrm.org/Advocacy/GetInvolved/Pages/default.aspx
Become a Volunteer: To volunteer for the Government Affairs Committee, contact Rob Manfredo
Schedule of Meetings - The Government Affairs Committee meets on an as needed basis. Please contact Rob for details.