2017 Capital Region Human Resource Association
Annual Conference and Marketplace
Thursday, March 23, 2017
Empire State Plaza Convention Center, Albany, NY
Attention Attendees, Exhibitors and Sponsors!!!
Registration is Now Open for
CRHRA's One Day Conference!
2017 CRHRA One Day Conference Marketplace Registration Form
2017 CRHRA One Day Conference Online Registration
2017 CRHRA One Day Conference Registration Packet
Don't miss out on our Keynote Presentations!
Breakfast Keynote - Bridging the Gap - How to Think like a CEO
Presented by Ryan Kohler, ApplicantPro
It's no secret that there's usually a disconnect in terms in terms of communication between HR and a CEO or executive team. In a 2012 survey published by IBM, 37% of CEOS indicated that HR is "to focused on processes and rules" and that they "don't understand the business well enough" to participate in the company's strategic development.
As a CEO who works closely with thousands of HR representatives, Ryan has a unique perspective into both worlds and knows what it takes to make HR's voice align with the vision of the company. Secure your position as both an advocate for rules and processes, and an invaluable asset when it comes to the CEO's bottom line.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to focus on and address the right topics for discussion with the CEO, CFO, and company executives.
- How to empower HR by providing valuable and strategic insight that helps shape the company's vision.
- How to gain the respect you deserve by understanding how to effectively communicate with the CEO to ensure your voice is heard.
- Most importantly, you'll discover what the CEO's bottom line involves and how to approach issues from the perspective of business development.
Lunch Keynote - Legal Update - What's New in 2017
Presented by John M. Bagyi, Esq., SPHR, Bond, Schoeneck & King
It's only been four months since CRHRA's Annual Legal Update, but those months have been filled with several significant and unexpected developments. One presidential administration has come to an end and another has begun and employers face new and different employment and labor law concerns. This program will update you on those developments and, more importantly, what they mean for your organization.
Specifically, this presentation will address and provide practical guidance on:
- Wage and hour developments, including changes to the salary threshold
- Changes at the state level
- EEO developments
- NLRB actions and their impact on unionized and non-unionized employers
- Enforcement and litigation trends
- What's on the horizon